Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ummm....

So anyway, like I was saying....

Today I feel pretty good. I mean, usually I feel pretty good but today it's a little something extra. Not sure what it is. Been exercising a bit more - but no, that's not it. It's raining outside right now so it's not the weather. And the Mungus family is dead broke so not that either. Work is stressing me. Not that. In fact, I can't think of a single good thing going on today. But I'm still feeling good. What the fuck?

I was eating breakfast this morning, checking out a few sites and writing back to DJD thanking him for a little recognition (never took the time to figure out those HTML link tricks, so click on his link on the left to see what I'm talking about. C'mon, it's not that tough - lazy). It was early - like 5:30am - and my youngest son snuck up and tugged on my shirt.

"Whatcha doing up little dude?" I asked.

"Nuffin'" was his reply.

I said "It's pretty early. You should go back to sleep."

"Not tired."

So as I was about to get myself some cereal anyway, I took out his bowl and poured him some too. There we were, before the sun was up, munching Cocoa Puffs at the table. He was chomping away, all smiles, his little legs swinging from the edge of his chair. Years away from hitting the floor. When we were done, he took his bowl and dropped it in the sink - little man that he is. I turned on some cartoons, got him some juice and sat down with him for a few minutes and put on my shoes.

Checking the clock, I knew it was time to go. He gave me a big hug as I headed for the door. He didn't whine or cry as I kinda expected, he just hung out with his juice all happy watching some toons.

Missus Mungus called me around lunch time and said when she got up, my son couldn't wait to tell her how he and Daddy had breakfast together. She said he was so happy all day. So was I little dude, so was I.

No comments:

Site Meter