Thursday, July 10, 2008

It'll get worse before it gets better...

So it seemed like I was really on a roll there for a bit. The family was doing pretty well (despite the troubles trying to get pregnant again), work was coming together, the cursed car hasn't had any issues in a while... smooth sailing. And then it happened: Another role change at work. In addition to the current work load.

I am a supervisor of 25 people on a manufacturing shop floor. All the personnel issues, the Quality problems, efficiency, training - the list goes on. Now the fucking "scheduler" who organizes the orders through production starts really flaking out on the job: aggressive, confrontational behavior, delusions of power beyond his role. He was acting as a Production Manager, not a "scheduler." On top of his shit attitude, we have been taking lots of late orders and falling behind. He gets taken out/I get put in.

So let me get this straight: Full-time Managing position and full-time Scheduling position. OK, no pressure. Just the weight of the corporation on my shoulders. If I fuck up, a global organization fuck up. Millions of dollars are at stake with my every decision. No shit.

Me being me I have reacted by putting in more hours. 12 hours minimum. Luckily I have managed to maintain my "hourly" standing. Not salary. I work more, they pay more.

Little bit of a strain on the home front while I get settled. Every day I get a little closer to grasping "The Big Picture." It'll come. But today: I'm stressed.

As you know, I just write about the things around me. Others can write of current events, 80's toys or mutant bunnies. I have no format. I just throw down what comes. If it means anything to anyone - great. If it's just a bunch of garbled shit - sorry.

I've missed writing about all the crap I do on a daily. It's a nice release at these stressful times. So I'll be posting more often. Assuming anyone still checks in here, bear with me. It'll lighten up eventually. But I think it'll get worse before it gets better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I just write about the things around me. Others can write of current events, 80's toys or mutant bunnies. I have no format. I just throw down what comes. If it means anything to anyone - great. If it's just a bunch of garbled shit - sorry.

Hey, that's how I roll too. There no shame in our games ;)

Seriously though, I was glad to see you pop up with Box 23 info at X-E and now here with a new post. I was starting to wonder just how brutally the real life thing was kicking your butt. Good luck as you keep fighting the good fight. Look forward to new posts, in whatever shape they take :D

Fungusmungus said...

It's been said before - every time I see "squee" I smile.

Yeah, the war rages on. Got to work today at 3:30am and can't imagine being done with the work load until 5 or 6 pm. But it's a mad dash to a week of vacation starting this Saturday, so at least there's something to look forward to.

I wrote the first entry of what I think may become an epic saga of self discovery (or a self absorbed bunch of analytical drivel - one or the other).

Hope you enjoy either way.

Site Meter