Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's a shade lighter way down there at the end of the tunnel

The desperate state I was in has now passed. My nose is once again above water level. I can breathe again.

New job transitions suck. It has never seemed that way to me. In the past, a new job was always exciting. Time flies by as you're learning new stuff, interacting with new people, finding your little niche... This time: Holy Shit. The biggest problem was (and remains) that the guy filling in behind me needs immediate training. He has no idea how my former area works and it's my job to teach him (while starting my new role). So I guess this situation is kinda unique. They back-filled me with an unqualified dope.

Anyhoo, things are back on track: many of my new responsibilities have been delegated to others, many of my old responsibilities are being covered while Unqualified Dope gets up to speed and I can make some progress in my new area.

So I've taken a step or two back from the ledge and am starting to turn back towards the door. Things are getting better - slowly, but better nonetheless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop by and wish you a happy Father's Day! Hope everything's going well with you and the family :D

Site Meter